Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Nothing can keep me from my stamps...not even blood.

I was lucky enough to get to spend yesterday morning in the hospital having surgery on my eye. You're jealous right? 24 hours later and I still can't see out of my eye. It is swollen, watery and so scratchy! And I am one big baby about pain. So I have spent a lot of time in bed. While laying around, I came up with a card idea. I decided "I will make it when I feel better." But I just kept thinking about it. Finally, I couldn't wait any long and went to the stamp room. So now imagine me stamping and gluing (with just one eye open) while my eye is watering and bleeding on the paper. It was a disaster! Definitely not a keeper! But the design was very cute and will definitely be remade when I can see!

In the meantime, I have another 2 page layout for you from my trip to DC. When I was in college, I dreamed of being a Federal Court judge. (Keep in mind that you have to be appointed to the position by the President and so it is not an easy job to get!) I took judicial class and constitutional law classes. I even worked for the Judiciary Committee in the State Senate as well as a lobbyist for the State Supreme Court. I loved it. But after college, I got married and started having babies. The dream of law school and being a judge were replaced with dreams of staying home and watching my babies grow. Good decision. But I was so stinkin' excited about seeing the Supreme Court when we went to DC. And it was no let down. It was easily the most beautiful building I have ever been in. It was all marble! Marble floors, staircases and pillars. Awesome! So the visit was deserving of 2 pages in my scrapbook!

A closer look at page 1....



And page 2....



I smile whenever I look at these pictures! And this is another simple layout for paper scrappers!




Well I am going back to tending the my drippy eye!






No comments: