Thursday, March 13, 2008

Trying some new color combos!




I was inspired yesterday to try some color combos that I have never used. And the best part- both of the new combos uses my favorite color- Pumpkin Pie!


My Always Heart card uses the combo of Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, and Taken with Teal. I got this combo from this site: http://www.scraptitude.com/colorcombo/


There are about a million combos that I want to try on this site- but for some reason this is the one that stood out to me yesterday. I used my brand new Always stamp set and some of the Spring Break DSP. And I am always excited when these Flower Fusions match my cards! I need SU to make these in more colors!!!



My pink flower card (creative name, huh?) was made for Kristina Werner's 1st color challenge. Check out her blog: http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/index.html

She is such an amazing stamper and she posted a challenge to use the colors Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Purely Pomegranite, and Pumpkin Pie. I think they make such a cute combo and I hope to use it again! I cased the layout from this blog: http://sarah331980.blogspot.com/ She did a cute card with fish that I fell in love with.

My card uses the Bud Basics Stamp set and some more of that Spring Break DSP as well as some of the Pretty in Pink DSP that comes in the hostess pack. I actually pulled out my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the flowers! Why don't I use that thing more???

I had so much fun playing with colors yesterday that I think I will play some more today! But first- the laundry needs my attention.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards! Both have great color combos.

Anonymous said...

Very fun cards ... I like what you did with both color combinations.

Anonymous said...

Love both the cards! especially the first combo...very different for me I am off to Kristina's site to check out the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous color combos! I really like the layouts you used on your cards.