Thursday, June 2, 2011

I'm one sappy mommy!

Today was the last day of school for my kiddos. I am still not certain if I am happy or sad. I am excited about sleeping in, not having homework and not having to pack lunches. But I am such a sappy mom that I cried a bit today because the kids are growing up way too fast. When Danika's kindergarten teacher broke down crying (for the 2nd time this week), I just couldn't help but join in. How can it be that I have a 2nd grader, 2 1st graders and a kindergartner?! Sigh..... Let's not cry again, Jamie!





I have been so busy with all the end-of-year parties, talent shows and graduation that stamping had to be put on the back burner. Then when I went back- I had stamper's block!!! I am still struggling! But then I realized that I never showed you a card that I made for my MIL for Mother's Day.









I just love these colors- Poppy Parade and Daffodil Delight. Such happy colors. I made an oval frame with my Big Shot and then just set it on the white cardstock and sponged the Daffodil Delight on. I got the idea from a stamper on Splitcoast. I popped one flower up and used ribbon to add dimension. I just can't stand a flat card! By the way- I am loving this stamp set! I have used it on the cards in my last couple of posts. It is called Awash with Flowers.



I am not sure that I ever shared my good news regarding Stampin' Up! I was going to have to give up my demonstrator status as I hadn't been able to have a workshop since before my illness. Well, after Stampin' Up! heard about my medical problems, they helped to make it possible for me to keep my demonstrator status! Yay!!!



Since I am suffering from Stamper's Block, I am going to try and focus on scrapbooking. Cross your fingers that I will have some layouts to show tomorrow!



No comments: