Friday, January 11, 2008

Not your Average Birthday Card...



But he isn't your average boy either! My son, Kyler, is turning 4 on Sunday! This is the first year that he understands what his birthday is and is very excited for the cake!

So why a snowman when we live in the dessert and it will be nearly 70 degrees on his birthday? For Christmas, Kyler asked Santa for snow so that he could make a frosty. Santa was unable to bring snow because his sleigh was full. So we decided to take Kyler up to the mountains for the weekend. My parents have rented a house and so we are going to show up with all of our kids and have a mini- vacation. And Kyler is all ready to make a Frosty. Mammy even got him a magical hat and a corncob pipe for his frosty! It should be fun and I will finally have pictures for my snow scrapbook pages!

Anyway- this card is easy. I used white for the card base with a strip of Wasabi on the botton. Then I used some of the new Jersey Shore designer series paper with the polka dots. The snowman is from the Merry and Bright set that was in the winter mini. (Do you believe that is the only snowman stamp I have left?!!) I colored the snowman with markers and punched him out. I matted him several time since he isn't very big. I added my ribbon- since no card is complete without it! The sentiment is from the set It's Your Birthday, which my hubby got me for Christmas!

No comments: