Monday, July 19, 2010

Coming Out of Retirement Project

So I sat down yesterday to stamp for the first time in months. And this is what I ended up with...



.....a treat box made with the Scallop Envelope Big Shot die. I find it amusing that I sat down to stamp and ended up creating something with absolutly NO stamping!!! The original plan was to use the apple image from Tart and Tangy and make a "Welcome Back" gift for a teacher. But I got side tracked making a fun flower with circle punches!



Now I did not invent this box. But here are some quick instructions in case you have never made one:


1. Using the Scallop Envelope Die cut out 2 envelopes from cardstock or the thick specialty Designer Series Paper.


2. Trim the bottom flap of both envelopes to 1/2 inch.


3. Put sticky strip on the back side of all three of the flaps on one of the envelopes.


4. Attach the the ouside flaps of the second envelope to the sticky strip.


5. Decorate!!!!


Now I feel like I have to apologize for using DSP that is retired. The thing is....I don't have ANY current paper. But that shall change soon! I sent my demonstrator paperwork in and as soon as I get me demo ID, I will be ordering some of the beautiful DSP in the new catalog! I LOVE DSP!!!


I hope you enjoy my Coming Out of Retirement  Project!!!! More tomorrow!


Become a fan of Stamping Mommy of 4 on Facebook

1 comment:

Ginger Swaringen said...

I am sooooo glad you are back. You have always been one of my favorite people to track. I love your style. Welcome back!