Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Practicing my coloring!


Coloring is not my strength. So I am working on it! Thanks to all my blogging buddies who inspire me!

I made this card to give to my hostess for one of my scrapbook clubs this month. I knew I wanted a stamp that I would get to watercolor so I picked this flower from Embrace Life. I had no idea what I would do with it when I was done coloring but I like the way my card turned out!

The card is a 4x4 card. The base is whisper white and the patterned papers on from the Bali Breeze paper pack. I use my white gel pen to emphasize the centers of the flowers on he DP. I added my favorite old olive ribbon. The sentiment comes from the stamp set Enjoy Every Moment. Now for the flower- I stamped it in stazon ink onm watercolor paper. Then I colored the ntire flower with Tempting Torquoise marker. Then I took Taken with teal and added a little shodow around some of the edges of the flower. Then I took my aquapainter and blended the colors. I cut the flower out and added a rhinestone brad from the pretties kit. Finally I rolled the edges of the flowers with my fingers to give it a more realistic look. I hope that makes sense. Just ask any questions you have!


Anyway- Embrace Life was one of the most popular stamps on your wish lists in my blog candy post. Other favorites were Always and Boho Backgrounds. Those are two that are on my wsih list!!! And I really want the Boho blossom punch as I just go the set One of a Kind.


By te way- I made dinner last night and my hubby loved it. Even the kids loved it. So I guess it was worth the wait. I am back tothen grocery store today for things that I forgot!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Great job coloring!! Glad the family like dinner! That seems to be a challenge...especially when working with allergies!

Kathy W said...

Pretty card, and beautiful coloring! I love the turquoise with the taken with teal. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!

Heather said...

Wow- this is a great card! Nice coloring job too!