Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A tragic loss


I have a good friend who is in direct sales. Her upline's husband was tragically killed on Saturday night. Someone came into the store his family owned and shot him in the head. There are no leads or motives. He leaves behind a wife and a 3 year-old daughter. You never think these kinds of things will happen to people you know. Makes you want to hug your hubby. Please keep this family in your prayers.


I made this card for my friend to take to the funeral. I cased the card from one I saw on the stampyourheartout blog. I changed a few things but it still looks similar.

Recipe:

Stamps: Embrace Life, Sincere Salutations

Paper: River Rock, Ruby Red, Whisper White, Ginger Blossom Designer Series Paper

Ink: Black, Ruby Red, Guava (for the flower)

Other: Corner Rounder, Crop-a-dile (for the embossed dots on the scallop), Guava double-stitched ribbon, blender pen, flower and pearl from the pretties kit snd demensionals.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your friends husband. That is horrible and so senseless!
Your card is stunning!

Anonymous said...

So terribly sorry for your friend and her family. I will be hugging my hubby and kids extra tight tonight.

Maren said...

Such sad news....sorry! This card is so beautiful...I am sure it will bring a little smile during this hard time.

Anonymous said...

Does she live in Chandler, AZ? This same story happened here in my town. I am so sorry for the loss. We are praying for the family and hoping what few leads they have will help catch the person responsible
Lisa

Anonymous said...

So very senseless. Praying God will touch this family with comfort.
Praying also that the person(s) who committed this act will turn themselves in and face their punishment.