Monday, January 5, 2009

Dance

Today I am on my way to Orlando for a fun week in Disney with my son and our Godmother!!! If you have sent me an email or ordered a Class By Mail Kit- I will be in touch with you after I return on the 10th! In the meantime, I have scheduled some fun posts for you this week!


Today I want to show you a super simple scrapbook layout that I made to keep photos of my daughter dressed up as a dancer for Halloween. I decided not to use the traditional Halloween colors since she looks so sweet in her pink tutu. It seemed more fitting to make a pink "girly" layout!


I was looking through some sketches that I have saved and found this one...



So here is my go at it...



I really like the way everything isn't straight up and down! Sometimes tilting your pictures or papers can really spice up a drab layout!


Since I am a Patterned Paper Aholic- I used lots of it on this layout. The entire background is a sheet from the Always Designer Series Paper pack. When you use patterned paper as the base for your layout, it might help to mount it onto a sheet of inexpensive cardstock to help make it more sturdy.


I didn't really have any ballet stamps or embelishments- but I did have a couple extra pictures! So I punched out the ballet shoes from the pictures to make my own embelishment!



I think that was a fun (and inexpensive) way t add interest to a layout!


Th strip of Chocolate Chip cardstock on the left side was punched with my Scallop edge punch and then I used the 1/8 inch handheld punch to add the circle. Cool, huh?


Yikes! I just noticed that there isn't any ribbon on this layout!!!! I guess anything is possible!


Recipe:


Stamps: Lovely Letters


Paper: Always DSP, Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette


Ink: Chocolate Chip


Other: Circle punches, scallop edge punch, 1/8 inch handheld punch

2 comments:

Karen said...

Lovely layout. Thanks for sharing your great pages.

Anne Marie P. said...

Jamie, this is simply gorgeous! I love the dancing theme and the DSP is perfect for the layout! Your little girl is precious!!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com