Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A really big card and a really big girl!!!

This card is 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 with a really big paper pieced kite!



I am still trying to decide if I like this card. It really isn't my style, but it is fun to try new things and take a risk!


So I made the kite by tracing and cutting out pieced of the Slumber Party DSP (retired). I made a sky background by punching a circle scallop out of scrap paper and using it as a stencil to sponge on Baja Breeze ink. The string of the kit is some rope that was in a mini ages ago with Riding Hood Red bows. Here is a closer look....



So today was another big birthday at our house. My youngest, Laynee, turned 4 today. Seriously, the first day of school and 3 birthdays all within a weeks time has made me an emotional wreck! We have had lots of fun celebrating! Although I won't lie, I am relieved to have a month off of birthdays!!! lol


So here is my Laynee when she was just a few days old...



and today at age 4....



Ok I am off to bed. I have to go have an argument with the kids' principal in the morning :(

No comments: