Friday, April 25, 2008

Rubber Adultery

yes- you read that title correctly. I have a confession....after drooling over all the cute papertrey stamps and papers for months- I could not hold out any longer. So I placed an order!!! So today I made this pretty little Mother's Day card with some of my new goodies. Everything but the butterfly and the White Cardstock is from Papertrey Ink.

If you don't know already- Papertrey stamps are clear stamps. The bonus of a clear stamp is that you can see exactly where you are putting the image. But I am being completely honest- when I say that rubber stamps give a clearer image. I found that if I pressed a little too hard on these stamps then my image would "mooch." However- I do love this Berry Sorbet color, the awesome ribbon and the cute font on the Mother stamp from the Women of Life set! So- bottom line- you will be seeing some more of my Papertrey goodies- but rubber stamps will always be my true love!

By the way- the butterfly comes from the SU! Occasions mini set: Essence of Love.

3 comments:

Kathy W said...

Very pretty card! And yes, like you, I like rubber stamps but have found my way to PTI. Just got the Lemon Tart paper today...a lot of great paper, ink, ribbon, and stamps, waiting for me to come play....thanks for sharing your card.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love it...totally love the PD background on the flower...filing that idea! Thanks for the link on the case...you did an awesome job!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Jamie!
Hugs and smiles