Thursday, April 3, 2008

Some pretty flowers and some snow!



I have a couple projects to show you today since I managed to get quite a bit done yesterday in a very short time!


First I put together this very quick layout to showcase a picture I took of Makenzie when we went to Flagstaff to play in the snow back in January. Isn't it a great picture?! I had it blown up to 5x7 because I liked it so much. The page was made with the Winter Bright Simply Scrappin' kit. I know that it is retired- but I bought an extra won specifically for scrapbooking my Flagstaff pictures. I just love that they mixed pink and red! Wasn't that taboo a few years ago?


The next project is a card with lots of flowers fromm the pretties kit. I saw a card on Dannie Grave's blog yesterday that inspired me to fold the flower in half and add the cute half pearls. I used a different layout and color combo for my card and I really like the way it came out. I think it would be a pretty wedding card. The DSP is from the Ginger Blossom pack. I just got a new pack because I used all of mine quite a while ago. I am always excited to cut into a new pack of paper! The stamps are from the Embrace Life Set. And I colored the flowers with Ruby Red ink and an aquapainter.


Happy Stampin'!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute pic!
I absolutely LOVE the card!
~Whit L

Kelly Schelske said...

Great layout and I LOVE the card!! So pretty!!

kelly

Anonymous said...

Super cute layout and I just love your card. Neat idea with the flowers. LaurieF

Kathy W said...

Very pretty; I like the flowers folded with the pearls. Thanks for sharing.