Thursday, July 3, 2008

a little of everything!

I am so sorry that I have been such a bad blogger this week! My cousin has been visiting from New York. We have been keeping busy and I have been sharing my craft room. Even though I haven't been blogging, I have still been creating. So I have plenty to share in the next several days!

I made all the invitation for my girls' birthday party. The twins are turning 3 on July 30th and Laynee will be 2 on August 3rd. So we will be having one party to celebrate all 3. Gosh- I want to cry just thinking about how old my "babies" are getting. Anywho- here are the invitations:
The layout for this card came from the Got Sketch 101 class. Isn't it a cute layout?! I just LOVE how the invitations turned out!

Recipe:
Stamps: Life's a Breeze (the flip flop), and Bo Bunny's Aloha stamp set (YUMMY!!!)
Paper: Soft Sky, Old Olive, Whisper White, and patterned paper by Bo Bunny
Ink: Real Rust, Barely Banana
Other: Scallop Punch, Circle Punches, Soft Sky Ribbon, Slot Punch, Tab Punch, Staples, Computer Font (for the info on the insert)

As I was working on these invites- it occurred to me that I have not scrapped their birthday party from last year yet!!! All my friends know that I HATE scrapping birthdays. I don't know why- but I do!!! But I saw a cute sketch in my Page Maps book by Becky Fleck. I loved that I could scrap quite a few photos on just one page!

My hubby took me to a scrapbook store about an hour from our house. I was just looking for some paper for the party invites and he came up to me and said (and I am quoting) "Make sure you get a lot because you get 20% off of everything because it is your birthday month." Isn't my hubby the coolest!!! Trust me- I left with plenty!!! Including everything in this scrapbook layout and even some more organizational tools for my scrap room!

Recipe:

Paper: Patterned paper by Senic Route, Old Olive

Other: Chipboard by Senic Route, Thickers by American Crafts, and some candle embellishments by Me and My Big Ideas

I have plenty more crafts to show. But I am saving some for another day (including an ADORABLE 4th of July page for tomorrow- yes I already scrapped it!!!). But now I have some pics to share from our week!

Over the weekend, my parents came down and we all took the kids to the pool. They had a blast!!!! Which is why we decided that the birthday party had to be at this pool!
Here is Kyler jumping in the deep end of the pool! I am so proud since he wouldn't even sit on the stairs last year.

Here is Laynee jumping to my mom. Laynee is fearless!!! You won't even be looking at her and she will jump right on you. Do you remember this pic from earlier in the summer when she was scared of the water?! A month can sure change things!
And here is my fishy- Kenzie. She LOVES going swimming. She doesn't do much jumping in- but she loves to swim around in the area that has a about a foot of water.

A couple of nights ago, my cousin watched all of the kids and Scott and went on a date. At first we wanted to just go see a movie at the local theater. But we couldn't find anything that really interested us. So my DH suggested a Diamondbacks baseball game in Phoenix. I was 100% sure I wanted to go. But it turned out to be sooo much fun. Too bad the dbacks lost!!!
Now time for some puppy pics!
I am actually happy that my hubby decided to adopt the 2nd puppy. It is a lot of work doing the potty training- but at least they wear each other out! I no longer have to take the puppy on jogs around the block (in 112 degree heat) just to get him to sleep. But the female puppy, Candee, is kind of lazy! She loves to sleep. And she hates having to walk around much. She won't walk on a leash. She also loves to eat. And she has been known to just sleep in front of the dish of food. I think it is so funny!! I joke that she is part cat!!
I hope you all have a happy and safe 4th. I will be back tomorrow for sure with a scrap page and a Christmas card!!!













3 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful card and scrapbook pages. Your fishy and puppies are adorable too!

Anonymous said...

Too much to comment on....ack! The puppies are of course adorable :) I LOVE the card...just bought some of that paper and I feel inspired now!!

arrione said...

It lookslike you all had a fabulous 4th! Loved catching up with all the cute photos and invites...I am so glad I already have The Life's A Breeze stamp set (or I would have to get it!)!!!
Those puppies are cuties...Hope to see you soon!!!