Wednesday, June 24, 2009

One Layer Cards!!!

I NEVER make one layer cards! And I am always amazed by those stampers who can make one layer cards look so beautiful. But I was browsing through the new catalog and suddenly had an idea for a card! The layout was not really inspired by anything in the catalog. But the color combo for this first card was inspired from the new Decor Elements catalog. The front cover is so bright and cheerful. I love it!!! And I almost never stamp with bright colors. So I decided I needed to give it a try. The color combo is Brilliant Blue, Green Galore, Tempting Torquoise, and So Saffron. Here is what I came up with....



Since the colors were so bright- I decided to leave lots of white space to the eyes had a place to reast. So what do you think???


I really like it. Am I allowed to say that about my own card? Oh well. I did! So I decided to make the same card and use some of my favorite colors: Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Old Olive.



I kinda like them both! They were both quite a bit out of my comfort zone. It is fun to stretch yourself when stamping from time to time!


I am in a bit of a hurry and since I already gave you the color combos- I am just going to let you know the stamp sets used. The flowers are from the set Petal Pizazz and the words are from Stem Sayings.


Have a great Thursday!

No comments: