Monday, October 6, 2008

Holiday Treat Tutorial

Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend! My family did! The weather was in the 80's which is amazing since it was over 100 a few days ago. So we went to the park a couple of times, took a walk at an outdoor mall, had a bbq, and we went and saw the movie Hollywood Chiwawa. You have to see the movie. I was cracking up the entire time. My kids thought I had lost my marbles!


 


Anyway- I have a surprise for you today! I have a tutorial for a project I showed you a couple of weeks ago. I have gotten so many questions about how to make it- that I have decided to share it with everyone!



Supplies you will need:


3 1/2 x 11 piece of Cardtsock

4x6 piece of patterned paper for the lid

3 1/4 x 4 1/4 piece of patterned paper to decorate the front 

Small Cello Bag

Candy

Stapler

Bone Folder

Big Shot Die Cute Machine

Top Note Stampin' Up! exclusive Big Shot Die

Optional: Ribbon, stamps or embellishments to decorate the front

Instructions:


1. Score the Cardstock at 4 1/2 and again at 6 1/2. Use a bone folder on the fold lines to make the score nice and crisp.



2. Adhere the 3 14 x 4 1/4 piece of patterned paper to the panel that will be the front of the treat container. I am using Holiday Treasures Designer Series Paper.



3. Fill a small cello bag with some candy and then staple it to the back panel of the treat container.



4. Run the 4x6 piece of patterned paper through the Big Shot with the Top Note die to make the "lid" for the container.



5. Fold the top note in half. Decorate the top note now if desired. You can add ribbon or a stamped image (you can add decoration to the front of the box as well if you wish.) I decorated my top note with a Felt Flurry from the Holiday Mini and a Rhinestone brad.



6. Apply adhesive to half of the top note (the half that will be attached to the back of the candy container to hide the staples.)



And that is all there is to it!!!!



These are so easy to make and re-produce! I made lots of them for Halloween with the Ghostly Greetings paper and the candy corn stamp from Tasty Sweet!


I hope this inspires you to make some treats of your own. If you do make one- send me the link in the comments section so I can see what everyone comes up with. I am so addicted to making candy containers lately : )


If you would like to purchase any of the supplies used to make this treat (except the candy!) please click on  the Shop link at the top of my blog.


 


Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! How quick and easy & gorgeous!!! Great idea!

Frosty Day Hot Chocolate Treat | stampingmommyof4.com said...

[...] I have a cute little Hot Chocolate treat that is so simple to make. I posted the tutorial HERE. Have you noticed that I cannot stop using [...]

LaToya said...

I just came across your blog looking for Christmas treat bag ideas on SCS. Thanks so much for the tutorial. I have saved you to my favorites because I think your work is great.