Tuesday, May 13, 2008

the BEST Card ever and Scrapbook club

Are you ready for the BEST card ever???? My hubby made me my Mother's Day card!! Isn't that sweet?!He even colored those flowers from the pretties kit!

I FINALLY came up with the scrapbook layout for my clubs!!! We will be doing this 2 page Mother's Day layout.


The stamps are Big Deal Alphabet and Embrace Life. The colors are Taken with Teal, Old Olive and Pretty in Pink. I asked all my club members to bring pictures of themselves from Mother's Day. I know that I hardly ever scrapbook about myself so I hope this will inspire them to include more pics of themselves in their albums.

I used a white gel pen around the stamped title to give it a little more interests.
I also wanted my clubs to get to make a card. Here is what I cam up with-


I cased this card from one that Christina Werner did a while back. I used the Three for You punch, silver brads, and the paper piercing tool. The cardstock on the front is actually Shimmery White and very pretty in real life! The colors are Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, and Groovy Guava. I will be so sad when these colors retire!

Happy Stamping!

5 comments:

Tanya said...

How cute is that?! That is very true, we never scrap ourselves! So that's an excellent idea for a club. I also love that card you've got for them to do! So fun!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful husband! The card he made looks awesome!
Your scrapbook pages and cased card look fantastic! Your club will love them.

Hugs and smiles

Sara said...

what a beautiful card he made! I don't think my husband would go near my scrapbook stuff. He's not very creative. ANYWAY, he did great!!
Cute sb page too!

Anonymous said...

I love going to your blog and seeing all your scrapbook pages!! I have a question about your club. Do you have all members bring their pictures and them copy your layout? How do you know their pictures will match your chosen colors? Or do they just make the pages then add pics later? I want to start a scrapbook club, but find it hard to decide what would work best. Would you mind giving me some pointers? You can reach me at cbaker92975@yahoo.com Thanks, Carrie

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Your hubby is a keeper! His card is awesome...great colour scheme, and I love those pretty flowers!

Your scrapbook page is awesome! Love the detailin on the title!