Tuesday, May 27, 2008

More challenges and some GREAT news!

Two posts in one day!!! I am finally starting to feel better and so I got a lot done in the stamp room! But first- I have to share some GREAT news with you!!! A few days ago I mentioned on my blog that I wished I was a Great Swap Girl. And guess what?!!! My wish came true! I got an email today inviting me to join the Great Swap Girls 2 group! I am super excited since I will be swapping with amazingly talented stampers!! If you haven't already- you need to go check out their blog:http://greatswapsgirls.blogspot.com/

Now on to some cards! The first card I did for the SCS Featured Stamper Challenge. We were challenged to CASE something from the gallery of SCS peanutbee. I didn't find this to be a challenge at all because she has such an awesome gallery! I chose this card to CASE: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/909235?cat=500&ppuser=122849

I loved the flowers and the sponging in the original card. I did change the colors, the flowers, the sentiment, and the patterned paper. I also had to move a couple of the flowers to make them fit. The flowers and the patterned paper are from Heidi Grace and I have had them in my stash for a couple years! The sentiment is from It's Your Birthday and the cardstock is Whisper White and Old Olive along with Old Olive ink.

The next card I made for the Mojo Monday sketch challenge. Check out Julee's blog to see the sketch: http://poeticartistry.blogspot.com/ As soon as I saw the half circle on the bottom of the sketch I thought of the large flower from the Pretties kit!

I used the Afternoon Tea DSP (AGAIN!) along with Chocolate Chip and Whisper White Cardstock. The stamp is a set from the mini called Full of Life. I also added some Groovy Guava ribbon and a Build-a-brad. I am really liking the way this one turned out!

And one more challenge card:


I did this card from today's Color Challenge on SCS. The colors were Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, and Very Vanilla. I am not a huge fan of Sage Shadow so I decided to only use it in small amounts. I used the Spring Solitude Bundle which is a hostess set and Curvy Verses. I cut 2 of the flowers out and attached them with brads. I added my signature ribbon- and done! It is simple- but I like it!

If you have never tried a challenge before- I recommend them! They will make you a better stamper because they will stretch you do use colors, techniques, and layouts that you had never thought of.

I will see you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Maren said...

So glad you are gonna be a great swapper too!! :-) Not surprised! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Both cards are beautiful! Congrats on being on that swap team. I was excited when I joined as well!
Hugs and smiles

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Congrats on being a Great Swapper! Your cards are beautiful! Thanks for playing my sketch challenge. :)