Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Inspired Scrapbook page

It's time again for Beate's Be Inspired Challenge! Here is the picture she came up with-I was first inspired by the colors. I picked out Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sky, and Basic Gray. I was also inspired by the large scallop shape in the middle of the dress. It made me think of the Carousel notes in the Occasions Mini! I started out making a card....and ended up with a 6x6 scrapbook page!!



Journaling: "The song of a morning bird, the blue sky, and the love of a toddler...Amazing."

I took this picture of Makenzie last month at the zoo and I just LOVE her great big smile! I cropped it pretty close so that the background and her dress would not be distracting. And I used lots of fun embellishments! I have not been hoarding!!! Yippee!

Recipe:

Stamps: Pretty Amazing

Paper: Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sky, Whisper White, and Carousel Note

Ink: Black Stazon, Soft Sky, Pumpkin Pie

Other: Flowers from Pretties kit, Flower from Flower Fusion kit, rhinestone brad, silver hodgepodge hardware, blender pen, white gel pen

I hope to be back again today as I have more challenges to catch up on. I am hoping they will bring my mojo back!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie, your page looks wonderful! I LOVE the photo you used for this page. Makenzie's smile is so infections. You can't help but smile back!
Thanks for playing! Hugs and smiles

Michelle said...

What a fantastic page Jamie! I've come via SCS, and your blog is just fabulous. Thanks for the inspiration. Just one question - HOW did you do the scalloped circle? Did you just use the corner rounder, or is there some simpler way?
Michelle (NZ SU! Demonstrator)

Anonymous said...

Such a great page!! Great photo and paper and embellishments!

Antje said...

what a sweet smiling girl and a wonderful layout!

Joanne said...

Fabulous layout from Beate's challenge! And absolutely gorgeous little girl with that wonderful smiling face!

Debbie Olson said...

Wow! This is a totally gorgeous page--beautiful layout, great photo, and nicely accessorized--perfect!