Monday, May 26, 2008

SU! Makeover Monday

If you have not been to Andrea Walford's blog- then you are really missing out! She is super talented! Anyway- on Monday she challenges you to find a non-Stampin' Up! project and make it over with SU! supplies. I almost didn't participate as I still don't feel well and I am extra worn out from a long (and fun) day with the kids. But then I say this card: http://debbiedesigns.typepad.com/muse_and_amuse/2008/05/pencil-jar-copi.html
Isn't it cute?!! That patterned paper is adorable and the pencil stamp would be great for teacher gifts and cards. I love the layout so I thought I would do a quick makeover. Here is what I came up with.

I used my favorite SU! patterned paper- Afternoon Tea. I matted it in Wild Wasabi and then put it on a whisper white card base. The circle was cut with my colluzzle and then I paper pieced the Onesie from By Ones and Twos. The buttons on the layout made me think of a baby card. I planned on adding a sentiment- but I kind of tuckered out. But I think I will try the same sketch again tomorrow!

Hope you had a great weekend! I did! But I am still happy that the kids will be back to school tomorrow!

2 comments:

Debbie Olson said...

Great job! It's a beautiful paper, and the onsie is darling!

Michele Kovack said...

Very cute!!!