Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Some simple cards!

Thanks for all the sweet words of encouragement on my post yesterday! And if you haven't checked out my post from yesterday- you better. I am giving away Designer Series Paper! Leave a comment before Friday evening.

I have a couple simple- but pretty- cards to share today. They both use the same color combo: River Rock, Soft Sky, Groovy Guava and Whisper White. I think that the colors look so soft and pretty together!

In this card I used my Always stamp set. I can't believe that I have hardly used that set! It is not even completely mounted!! And it is so pretty! The little flower I punched out with my Three for you punch. I have a confession. I bought that Three for You box nearly a year ago and this is the first time that I have used it! Very sad!! And look how sweet that little flower is. I actually smudged a little ink right there and needed something to cover it up!!! Sometimes the best creations start as a mistake!


With this card I use my Bloomin' Beautiful stamp set. I wasn't crazy about this set when I first saw it in the Occasions mini. But I have changed my mind!!! I love coloring in the flowers! This time I stamped it two times and cut a few of the petals out and mounted them on top of my main image (poppin' flowers- as my hubby calls it!). I also used my It's Your Birthday set for the sentiment and added some pearls from the Pretties kit. The layout came from one of Jen's sketches a few weeks ago. Like this one?? It is going to be one of the 5 projects in my I feel Pretty Class at the end of the month. I only have a couples spaces left so email me right away if you are interested. sears1130@cox.net

I am hoping to get some scrapbooking done today for my clubs. See you tomorrow!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both cards are beautiful! I love the soft colors, the layouts, and the extra depth you added with your layering on the second card.

P.S.: that first card will fit perfectly for my next sketch challenge on Friday! Hugs and smiles

loree2000 said...

Simply pretty!

I'ma stamper too! I was an SU demo for a short time and still LOVE SU products!! I just finished a winter stamp club with my current SU demo friend! We had a blast!

Happy card making to you! :)

BTW, I am Stacie Benn. husbands first cousin. Lori R.

jjcreations said...

Oh....my....gosh....I love this blossom and have enjoyed using it. HOWEVER....you have gone beyond fabulous by making it stand out. A very clever idea...Awesome job. Joan

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

These are both gorgeous! Love the colours and your design on the 2nd is beautiful!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

hi jamie from AZ,
wonderful cards and layout, your colors are so beautiful.
tfs:)
chat

Tanya said...

I love these cards! simple is my favorite and these are both so pretty.
Good luck with your diet! I know the feeling- my husband started us on Body For Life a few years ago. He was sooo much more into than I was! ;)