Sunday, March 16, 2008

A card for Sara

First- thank you for all the prayers for Nolan's family. The baby's funeral is this week and it will be tough- to say the least. I love my new blog friends! I don't even know most of you and yet you were willing to pray for my friend! Thanks again!
Here is the card that I brought to Sara on the day that her son passed away.
I cased this card from SCS Pickle Tree. All I changed was the main image and the sentiment. I just got this stamp set and paper so I knew that it would be perfect for a card for Sara. I stamped the flowers 2 times. Once in Wasabi and then once in Guava. I paper Pieced it together and then used the circle punch to cut it out. This paper is so pretty (I say that about all the DSP!) and I just used Chocolate Chip ink and sponged around the sides for an even more distressed look.
I hope you enjoy! Don't forget to sign up for my blog candy on the previous post.
Recipe:
Stamps: Live Your Dream, Curvy Verses
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi
Paper: Afternoon Tea DSP, Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Other: Pearls from the Pretties Kit, Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon, Guava Double-Stitched Ribbon, Scallop Punch, Circle Punch, Dimensionals, Sponge

3 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful card! The colors are so amazing and I just love your detail!

Anonymous said...

Why do my cards never come out as pretty as yours?
~Your Bug Cuz

Anonymous said...

This is just so sad!
Your card looks wonderful!