Monday, March 24, 2008

A HUGE flower!

I am super busy today so I am posting a card that I made last week with the hostess set In the Garden. I didn't really want this hostess at first- but then I started thinking about how much fun it would be to color!!!
I stamped the flower in black stazon ink on watercolor paper. It took an entire sheet of watercolor paper!!! Then I colored the entire flower with my Pumpkin Pie Marker and the leaves with my certainly Celery marker. After it dried I added another layer of the same colors- but just in certain area for a shadow effect. I then used my aquapainter to blend and distribute the color. I also used a black marker to darken the middle of the flower. I attached the water color paper to Pumpkin Pie. Then I punched 2 holes and threaded the thick celery grosgrain ribbon through. I added to clack brads and attached to a Soft Sky base.
Last night I brought this card to my sweet friend Sara. I was hoping that it might put a smile on her face!

3 comments:

Tami said...

I am not crazy about this stamp either, but I love what you did with it. The flower looks 3D! Very beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card!!!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous colored in the two values of orange. Love this.