Friday, March 14, 2008

On a more serious note...


I have been so blessed by a sweet friend that I met several years ago in a Sunday school class- Sara. She is the kind of person that would do anything for anyone. She is the kind of person that everyone likes. She has two sweet boys, Connor and Andrew. When she announced her 3rd pregnancy, we were all surprised as her baby was only a few months old. But if anyone could do it- it was her.

Her 3rd son, Nolan, was born on January 2nd. Something was very wrong. He was transfered to a couple different hospitals and within a few days, they discovered that Nolan had cancer in his liver. Nolan went through 2 rounds of chemo and thankfully- the cancer was gone. But her was still having problems. He was put on dialysis because his kidneys were not functioning and it became appearant that he did not have living cells in his liver. He was put on a wait list for a liver transplant. Last night- Nolan recieved his new liver. But sool after the surgery- Nolan passed away.

I am so sadened by Sara's loss. I just want to hold my babies tight. But I am also motivated to help this very sweet family. They have been commuting every day to the hospital and estimate that they spend $1000 a month in gas alone! The medical bills and now the funeral costs are tough on a young, one-income, family.

So I am hosting a Stampin' Up! fundraiser at my home on March 21st. I hope that everyone who lives in the Phoenix/Tucson area will be there. More than 100% of the profit from every order will be given to the Morrison family. Plus I will have many make-and-takes available so that everyone can make a card for Sara. I will also be collecting gift cards and cash donations.

Another way I am going to help is by donating hand-stamped cards to Nolan Etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5677445.

A friend of the Morrison's has set up this store to raise money for the family. Everything that they are selling has been donated and so 100% of everything sold will go to the Morrison's. Check out the store! And if there is any way you can think to help this sweet family, please email me: sears1130@cox.net.


I know that today is blog candy day. I will post that later tonight. To be honest- right now I am just too sad to think about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie, that is just heart breaking!

arrione said...

I am so sad to hear this news, Jamie. I will definitely be praying for Sara and her family...The death of a child breaks my heart into pieces, and unfortunately I know too many friends who have suffered this loss. Thank you for keeping us updated. May God be with the Morrison family during this very painful time.

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to your friends family. I can't even imagine going through something like this. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.