Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Date with Makenzie


Makenzie came home from preschool yesterday screaming. She could not be soothed. My husband also noticed that she refused to use her right arm and said that it was "owie." He tried to move her arm and she screamed louder. My hubby works at a hospital and has seen many kids with breaks that have had to have surgery- so of course he thinks the worse. So we called my Mother-In-Law to watch the other kids and load her up for a trip to the hospital.

She loved the ER waiting room (which was pretty full). She loves to watch things and there was plenty to watch. She still refused to use her arm but had stopped crying. Then my dad showed up. And she was thrilled. She was giggling and engrossed in watching Sleeping Beauty. She was loving all of the attention!!

When she finally got seen by the nurse practitioner- she just suddenly started using her right arm like nothing was ever wrong!!!! Turns out that she has a Nurse Maid's Elbow. I had never heard of it but apparently it is common in 2 and 3 year olds. It basically means that her elbow was out of place and it is easily fixed by just moving it around!

All the way home Makenzie was talking (which she never does) and being very silly. All she needed was a little alone time with mommy, daddy and papa!

Anyway- I made this card last night before the hospital trip. The stamp set is Sassy Suzie from the mini. I stamped it in stazon on watercolor paper and colored most of it with my aquapainter and watercolor crayons. I didn't have a brown crayon so I used my markers for those areas. The patterned paper is from the Summer Picnic pack that is also in the mini. You just have to click on the card and read the saying! They make me laugh which is why I had to get the set!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had the total opposite happen with my then two year old woke up screaming grabbing her arm took her to the hospital & she was using it almost left because we thought she was better turned out it was broken.At least you now know what to watch out for. Never an uneventful day with four. trust me I know:)

Anonymous said...

So glad your daughter is ok! Love the card - I have this set and have struggled with how to use it! I'm glad you gave me a kick start!!! TFS!!!